There’s no excuse for how little I’ve been posting on here when I have a book coming out within the next few weeks. I figured that I’d push myself with this 30 Day Blog Challenge List:
I’m not going to lie, there are a few of these that I’m not looking forward to at all. But it’s my challenge, and I’m going to get it done; one way or another. Feel free to do this as well. I’m going to need all of the moral support that I can get.
Here’s my first post for the topic:
20 Random Facts About Yourself
- I don’t watch T.V. (at all really). I used to think people who said ‘I don’t watch T.V…I do other things’ were both snobby and full of shit. But I got rid of it so I could focus on writing, and I haven’t looked back (although I do feel lost when people talk about popular shows at work).
- Okay, okay, I lied. I get The Walking Dead episodes on Google Play.
- I’m not nearly as smart as my coworkers give me credit for…
- …but I’m way above where my friends see me.
- I hate to work out, but do it anyway to rationalize eating out four nights a week.
- About that—I can cook, but I’m far too lazy to after work. It sucks cooking for just one person.
- I live alone with my dog Yoshi, who pesters me any time I try to cook something. I’m pretty sure he’s going to jump on the stove one day and burn himself.
- I Played college football at Colorado School of Mines.
- I miss school, but despised it when I was actually there. The grass is always greener on the other side, I suppose.
- I suffered a lacerated kidney while playing in a bowl game…worst pain of my life.
- Before that, the worst pain I ever suffered was when I busted my head open by running into a steel pole at age five. I ran into it with a hat covering my face…
- …and I busted my head open a few more times. Perhaps that explains #3 on this list.
- I hated anything to do with literature in High School, but now I’m all about it. It’s weird how things change.
- I was always more of a math nerd (and still am). If there’s one thing I’m good at, it’s math for sure.
- I truly love my job. I recognize how ridiculously blessed I am to have it. I know where I’ve come from, and I’m beyond proud of what I’ve accomplished. My coworkers think that I’m completely full of shit when I say ‘I’m living the dream’ when they ask how I’m doing. I’m not kidding.
- That being said, my dream job is to be a writer and the owner of an organization that helps urban youth get through high school. Lofty goals? Sure. But you have to have goals first in order to accomplish them.
- I’m very involved in my community. There’s no better feeling than knowing that you’re making a difference (for the better) in someone’s life with no expectation of them paying you back. I get paid in the feeling I get from doing it, I suppose.
- I hate snakes! I veer around them (far around them) whenever I see them along the trails that I run.
- I’ve recently become one of those ‘runner guys’. Completed my first half marathon about a month ago.
- I love life.